Many IT organizations today are implementing some form of Agile software development, but scaling Agile and connecting it with quantifiable business value is proving difficult. Agile methods are confined to software development and do not address the need to improve the organization’s performance as a whole. A richer management framework is needed.
Originating with Toyota, Lean has been used to achieve significant gains in operating performance across a range of industries and functional areas, including IT.
Common benefits from implementing Lean include:
- Cost reductions from eliminating non-value-added work
- 2-4 times faster product/application development
- Improved customer satisfaction
- Improved employee engagement and morale
- Improved quality
- A more agile, responsive organization
Resources for CIOs
- White Paper: Introducing Lean in Your Organization
- Case study interview: How we helped a software company improve its product development performance. Listen to an in-depth interview.
- Methodology: A quick overview of our approach to implementing Lean.
If you are facing innovation and execution challenges and feel that your organization isn’t able or willing to change quickly enough, we may be able to help.